Google I/O 2015 ticket registration is now open

Google I/O 2015 ticket registration is now open

The Google I/O is scheduled to take place this year on May 28 and May 29, and those who want to attend the developer conference can now register for tickets.

In order to register for a ticket, you'll need to sign into your Google account and then fill out an application. Registration will remain open until 5:00 pm PDT/8:00 pm EDT, after which Google will randomly select applicants and give them the opportunity to buy a single ticket. Google says that the order in which you apply has no bearing on your chances to get a ticket.

Google’s decision to randomly select applicants to buy I/O tickets is a wise one. In previous years, it was a mad rush to buy tickets once sales opened, meaning that not everyone had a chance to get a ticket. For example, tickets to Google I/O 2012 sold out in less than 30 minutes, meaning that anyone that wasn’t able to get online right when sales opened were out of luck.

If you don’t end up getting selected to buy a ticket, Google will be livestreaming I/O 2015 so that you can watch remotely. There will also be I/O Extended events all around the world for you to gather with other developers and watch the events together.

Leave us a comment if you have registered for an I/O 2015 ticket!


source - Google

Post a Comment

0 Comments