Google Desktop Search lets me 'Find My Phone'

Google Desktop Search lets me 'Find My Phone'Google continues to bridge the gap between their services, and the latest update to Google Desktop Search allows you to find your Android smartphone directly from your Google Search box.

Just type the words 'find my phone' into any google search bar from your computer and in seconds Google will locate your device on a map and give you the option to make it ring.

Android users have been able to find their devices remotely for a while now, but until today you had to log into Android Device Manager on another mobile device or your computer to start your search. The new option is just another way to quickly locate your missing smartphone.

If, after your device is located, you find it is in an unsecure location you can click on the map to be redirected to the full Android Device Manager page where you will find the options to remotely lock or wipe your phone.



Post a Comment

0 Comments